You won't be the same traveler any more once you visit Italy, for it is a country that will change your perception about beauty and architectural magnificence. It is a country that has amazingly fabricated its traditional lifestyle and culture with the modern-day developments. From the arts of Renaissance in Venice, to the exquisite mix of food, culture, music, fashion and glamor, Italy is a dream destination for any travel freak. Numerous Italy facts are bound to leave you in awe about this beautiful country.
Italy Travel Advice
Planning for Italy travel requires you to focus on several aspects of budget travel so that you're able to enjoy your Italy tour without any worries. Of course, you won't enjoy a single moment in such a beautiful country, if you're not planning your journey properly. Don't forget the following tips:
- The peak tourist season in Italy is June - September. Hence, you can book your tickets to fly for this country either during April - May or September - November. Besides, hassle free tourism, you will also enjoy cheap hotel rates and even other expenses will be cut down significantly.
- The early bloom of spring in April - May and cool winter nights in September - November are ideal for living some soulful moments in your travel to Italy.
- It never hurts to have a travel insurance, especially if you're an overseas traveler. If you're visiting Italy with your family, it is best to have a travel insurance.
- The duration of your stay in Italy is totally dependent on your passport validity duration. Generally, overseas people are allowed to spend 3 months as tourists in Italy, provided they're not coming to Italy for other purposes like business or studies.
- Do I need to tell you anything about packing less and carrying light luggage? Travel light because at railway stations, you may not find porters! Moreover, where will you keep the accessories and clothing that you will shop during your Italy stay? Save some space from shopping also!
- The capital city of Italy, Rome, is also a great place to visit and there are various cheap hotels in the outskirts of the city where one can stay. Moreover, Italian food, that is known worldwide, can be best found in Rome. Luxury restaurants and high class hotels can be very expensive so try to stay in affordable hotels. Prefer food from shopping stores, bars and food courts.
- You're going to discover an ocean of information about Italy and its grandeur on the Internet and in travel guide books. It is not possible to learn everything about Italy but you can certainly get to know more about Italy's culture and history. That will enhance your understanding about Italy.
- Visiting Venice is something that one must not miss on a trip to Italy. It is advisable to take a very good camera along with you, as you can't afford to miss the picturesque view of this city, where you'll find highest number of masterpieces in a per square kilometer area!
- The currency of Italy, Euro (Symbol = €)) is accepted by 13 countries in Europe and you might not face any problem in dealing with it. However, if you're from countries outside Europe, like US, UK, India, do carry some Euro money. Taxis from airports hardly take money in other currencies, so you may face problem, if you're not carrying Euro cents and dollar. Nevertheless, almost all major stations and airports in Italy have the facility for currency exchange.
- Phone matters when you're in Italy, so that you're safe and you can contact emergency numbers, if you require. If you're traveling from other country, ensure you have subscribed international free calling cards and within Italy, you can purchase a scheda telefonica (or carta telefonica) that are disposable telephone cards, for usage in Italy. They can be purchased from any tobacco shops, railway stations and airports.
- In the city, you will find various ATMs, known as Banco Mat and you can withdraw money from your ATM cards. Before traveling to Italy, ensure you contact your bank and inquire if you don't need to get a new password for international transactions. Many banks in Europe accept passwords that are more than four digits, so ensure you're aware of all laws and rules.
- If you don't known Italian, it is not a problem as there are many people who are able to communicate in common languages like English, French and German. Almost all hotel staffs are able to converse in English and so it is not a major problem when it comes to language. The more deeper you go into Italy, you'll dominantly find more regional dialects being spoken! Don't hesitate to use sign language, as many outside tourists use it to explain things! Moreover, if you can try to take some efforts to speak Italian, it will be highly appreciated by Italians, as they are very friendly people.
- The price to stay in Italy hotels is not very cheap and it starts anywhere around 100 Euros per night, and goes upwards depending on the area and hotel. The more you go in the south of Italy, cheaper will be the hotel rates.
- Traveling by train is an ideal way to manage transportation costs in Italy. Eurostars, the fast trains in Italy cost anywhere around Euro 30 to 50 per trip. One of the Italy train travel tips is to buy tickets for slow regional trains that are cheaper per trip. If not train, there are ferries and buses with good facilities too.
So, these were some of the interesting Italy travel tips that you must follow without fail. Italy holidays are fun and exciting, if you plan them properly. Studying more about Italy can help you discover its vibrant culture and various details. Now, you know which Europe vacation destination you must visit, without fail. Happy traveling!