The choice of holiday spots need not be limited to few beaches and amusement parks, which do not offer anything new. There are many such places that are ideal for summer vacations and which can fit the budget constraints. The places mentioned below are classified on different parameters.
Destinations in the US
A huge landmass stretching 3,000 miles in width, United States offers plenty of outing spots.
- Grand Canyon: It is one of the Seven wonders of the world and one can make the trip memorable by traveling with Grand Canyon Railways. One can go for hiking, white water rafting, jeep-safari tours, and many such activities in the vicinity of the Grand Canyon.
- Yosemite National Park: One can go for hiking and camping trips in the Yosemite National Park during the summer. If one visits the park in the months of May or June, few of the waterfalls including the 'Yosemite Falls' can be seen.
- Mendenhall Glacier: This glacier is located in the state of Alaska. One has to travel 12 miles from Juneau to reach the Mendenhall valley to see the 12 mile long glacier. Visitors can enjoy the helicopter ride and dog sledding.
- Ossipee River, Maine: The canoeing trips in Ossipee river is one of the cool options to consider.
- Colorado: The land of Colorado is known for the ski areas and there are as many as 26 of them. The ski resorts therefore, would prove to be a good choice.
Top 10 Summer Vacation Spots
- Hawaii: There are beaches, adventure activities, amusement parks for families, and many more things to do. The island of Hawaii has the best beaches. The sand of this beach has different colors ranging from olive green to white. This feature also differentiates it from other beaches in the vicinity. The Maui, Oahu, and Kauai are the other important shores which have many beaches.
- Caribbean Islands: The Caribbean islands offer many activities ranging from water sports to cultural events like carnivals. Diving is one of the most preferred adventure activities for tourists at this place.
- Orlando, Florida: Walt Disney Resort is a major tourist attraction in Orlando. SeaWorld Orlando, Universal Orlando Resort, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, and Holy Land Experience (museum) are some of the other places to visit.
- London, England: There is a lot to do in this metropolis and capital city of England. There are many museums, amusement parks, and even city farms to visit in London. The Freightliners City Farm is one such place that offers a quiet environment. The Battersea Zoo is also worth visiting. Among the important places to visit in the city, London Eye, British Museum, National Gallery are the prominent ones.
- New York City: It is one of the busiest cities in the world and also an important vacation spot. The prominent features or icons of New York city are the Statue of Liberty, American Museum of Natural History, Central Park, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Brooklyn Bridge, Top of the Rock, Ground Zero, and many more. One can go for sight seeing tours and enjoy the richness of this great city.
- Hershey PA: It is one of the best holiday spots for people from New York city and Philadelphia. It is known as the chocolate town of the USA and children would love to spend their holidays in this place. It also has a Wildlife Park and an amusement park called 'Dutch Wonderland'.
- Appalachian Trail: It is a walking trail which lines the east coast of America. The total length of this trail is 2,160 miles which stretches from north to the south. One has to travel through the Presidential Range and Great Smoky Mountains and it takes 5 months to complete the hiking trip.
- Arizona: There are many things to do in Arizona. The Kofa National Wildlife Refuge, Yuma is one such place. Arizona Museum for Youth, Mesa is a place which children can enjoy a lot. Kids are taught about art appreciation and related things. The Sedona Trolley sightseeing tour is a nice way to visit places of historic importance, scenic canyons, and other places.
- Goa, India: It is one of the popular tourist destinations in India. One can visit the different beaches, churches, and temples of Goa. Arambol beach is known for its scenic beauty. The Betul beach near Margao is known for the white sand and rocks which have abstract shapes.
- San Diego: It is known for the beaches, hotels, and shopping centers. Golf lovers would love to be in San Diego since, it is deemed as one of the top 50 golf destinations of the world. Sightseeing tours that are being conducted in open double-decker buses attract a lot of crowd
Holiday Spots in New England
|Tyler Place, VT||Acadia National Park, Maine|
|Smugglers' Notch, VT||Six Flags New England|
|Wildflower Inn, VT||Lake Compounce, CT|
|Point Sebago family resort, Maine||Hampton Beach|
Destinations for Families
|Myrtle Beach||Cancun and Mayan Riviera|
|Williamsburg VA||Wisconsin Dells|
|Oahu Hawaii||High Hampton Country Inn - Cashiers, North Carolina|
|Palm Island Florida Resort - Fort Myers, Florida||Roseland Ranch NY Duderanch - Stanfordville, New York|
|Dave Helfrich River Outfitter - Vida, Oregon||Catalina Island - Los Angeles, CA|
|St. George Island - St. George, Florida||Tarryall River Ranch - Lake George, CO|
Cheap Holiday Spots
|Chesapeake Bay||Portland, Oregon|
|The San Juan Islands||Highway 101, Oregon|
|The Boundary Waters, Ely, Minnesota||Quebec City|
|Scottsdale, Arizona||Paso Robles, California|
|Montauk, NY||Farmington, NM|
The article above, presents information about some cool places to visit and many other locations. One would have a good time in these destinations, especially children. The ingredients for best summer vacation spots for kids are all present in the destinations enlisted above. Hope, you enjoy the summer vacations this year.