Have you always stared forlornly at the flashy advertisements displaying the most luxurious suites and wondered when you would finally take a break from your mundane schedule? Big budget vacations are not everybody's cup of tea. Besides, one would need to plan extensively to streamline the entire vacation.
Here are ten tips to give yourself that much-needed break without spending big bucks.
1. Have you really explored your city? How often have you visited those not-so-frequented areas? Often, we tend to feel remorse about not being able to head to that exotic destination on the other side of the globe, but have you given a thought to those interesting places in your own neighborhood?
3. The season you choose to travel can also help you give a cheap vacation. Many hotels have exorbitant prices during the peak time of the year, but do you really want to spend loads of money? Probably not! In that case, you can find out when these hotels offer lowest prices and head off to the destination accordingly.
4. Even if you have lived by the beachside all your life, probably you never had the time to explore all the beaches. Find out about an isolated beach and rent a shack out there. Feel the sand, go collect seashells, and watch the sunset. These are definitely some good things that you did not have the time to see before.
5. If you really wish to cut down on your expenditure, you can do so without too much hassle. When was the last time you met your friend? Pack your bags and hang out with your friend for the weekend. There can be nothing compared to the joy of catching up with an old friend over a hot cup of coffee.
Sometimes, a large group helps cut down on the cost factor, including the stay and mode of travel. The group could be your colleagues or the people in your neighborhood.
7. Is there any particular activity you like doing? It could be photography or it could even be exploring the wild. There are many groups that gather for the love of any particular hobby. Browse online or check out the local papers for such groups. You can join such a club and explore new places with them.
In this manner, you would even make new friends and enjoy a particular hobby with like-minded people.
8. If you are the kind who loves to shop, but would not want to do so due to the exorbitant price tags, you need not worry. Shopping is a major way to relax for many individuals, and you need not always feel guilty about spending oodles of money.
Use these ideas for cheap vacations and stop being a couch potato all through the year. After all, you deserve a refreshing break, and you need not always worry about the budget if you plan it the right way.