For a traveler, his luggage set is not only a means of convenience for carrying things, but it also a way of making a statement about himself. The lightweight luggage that speak about the strata of the society you belong to, also has other aspects. Its brand, carrying capacity, size, weight and the easy maneuverability are also important factors to consider before buying it.
Samsonite Aspire Lite luggage 21"
- It sports a pocket on the side to put last minute or the most needed items such as a pocket book or a map.
- To enhance the organization of items stored in the luggage it provides wet pack, shoe and mesh pockets.
- Toiletries can be stored in a Zip-top bag.
- A Lock is provided to guard against theft.
- For trouble-free operation the luggage comes with 10# nylon zipper.
- Wear and tears in places on luggage such as corners are protected with rubberized and textured protective materials.
- This item weighs only 9.9lbs and has dimensions 21.0" x 15.0" x 8.0".
- Regular price: $200.00, Sale price: $89.99
Travelers Choice Rome Hard Shell Spinner 3 Piece Set
- The biggest piece of this set is a spinning upright with the dimensions (28" x 21.5" x 12") and weighs 13.5lbs.
- These sets also includes a spinning upright (24" x 17.5" x 11"), which weighs 12.5lbs and a rolling upright (20" x15" x 9"), which weighs 9.5lbs
- The brand offers push-button locking handles, top and side handles on the items.
- The 24-inch and 28-inch uprights have 4 multi-directional spinner wheels. The 20-inch unit has wheels at its outer edges for mobility.
Delsey Helium Breeze 21-inch Carry On Expandable Suiter Trolley
- It is made using Delsey's durable 680 DENIER BALLISTIC nylon and weighs only 8.8 pounds.
- It has a recessed push button baggage handle.
- It has handles on the top, sides and sports an adjustable webbing strap for additional bags.
- It can expand to make 2.5 inches of extra space available.
- This four-wheeled baggage has capacity of 8.9 + 47 L
- Regular price: $110.49 - $260.00, Sale price: $110.49 - $116.99 (Amazon)
Briggs and Riley BRX Explore 22" Upright
- These wheeled carry on luggage are designed for those who believe in traveling light.
- The 22" Versatile Explore carry-on weighs only 7.5 lbs which any globetrotter can deeply appreciate.
- Comes with useful expandable slash pockets that can handle the load of light items such as maps, books or a windcheater.
- While traveling you need to have some things quickly. This luggage provides exterior, zippered pockets on the front to suit your needs.
- Handle system and the bars giving structural strength to this product are located on the exterior which adds to the storage space and makes the things easy for the user.
- These carry-ons with dimension of 22" x 9" x 14" inches, offers expansion through the tapered zip.
- Price: $290.00
A. Saks 20" Expandable Carry On Rolling Trolley Duffel
- Yet another carry-on rolling luggage made with trusted and durable 420 Denier Nylon.
- Its 20" x 12" x 12" of size make storage space of 2736 cubic inches available to the user.
- It is expandable to give 17" of height and a storage capacity of 3876 cubic inches.
- Handle is strong and retracts into pocket that can be zipped to keep it out of user's way and sight.
- Features such as piggyback strap, outside pockets and a handle that can be linked with the shoulder strap are really useful.
- Regular Price: $250.00, Sale Price: $79.99
Travelpro Crew7 22-inch Expandable Rollaboard Suiter
- Pilots and flight attendants who travels more than anyone else use Travelpro brand luggage, the first luggage on wheels.
- The Travelpro Crew7 22-inch Expandable Rollaboard suiter offers plenty of useful space in the form of compartments.
- However, many consumers have complained about the breaking of the telescoping handle.
- The product is made with Micro-Balistic nylon with DuPont Teflon fabric protector technology.
- Price: $460.00 (Sears)
Osprey Meridian 22"
- This is one of the tested and trusted piece of luggage.
- It has been tested for 3,000 hard-knock miles, while it was transported using airplane, train, rickshaw and ship.
- You can carry it like a suitcase or like a backpack.
- The front section is provided with the zippers and can be used as a day-pack compartment.
- This luggage is favored by adventurers and businessmen alike.
- A handful of owners said that the day-pack isn't as useful as they'd hoped for.
- The manufactures offer free lifetime repair in any eventuality.
- Price: $299.00
Finding the Best Luggage
- Your first concern, when it comes to traveling by air, is how to pack your things. As you know, there are some rules and restrictions about carry-on luggage imposed on you. Most of the airlines allow you to carry maximum of 50 pounds per carry-on luggage. But, does that mean you carry that much inside a bag. No! Each luggage, bag or container itself weighs something. If each bag weighs 15 or 20 pounds then it means that you are carrying that much less inside it.
- You can go for a physical check of the lightweight luggage, in order to select it according to your personal taste. There are many luggage sets that weigh between the range of 9-14 pounds per article of the luggage. Won't this kind of luggage help you in carrying as much as 5 pounds more of your goods, and still enables you to handle it more efficiently. For you, it means that you could pack additional 10 denim or 15 shirts or 8 double-breasted suit coats in your luggage. It may also help you, in getting it on the board without any hassle.
- The material used to make these sets contribute to its weight. Although leather is still the most preferred material, it is heavy. Most of the reviews favor lightweight luggage made using nylon and honeycombed frames. These are sturdy, reliable and available in different configurations. You can choose handy baggage that have inbuilt wheels, telescoping handle mounted on the top or at the side, over the shoulder and backpack straps. All of these features can help you immensely while lugging it from point A to point B.
- The reviews advise that your bags or suitcases or a baggage should follow 45 linear (true) inch rule. This rule says that the sum of height, length and width of an article of luggage, in inches, should not exceed 45-linear-inches. The airline you are traveling with will allow you to carry a luggage item having dimensions 22-inches by 9-inches by 14-inches because it follows the rule. In case of checked in luggage, 62-linear-inch is the most accepted size by airlines. Most international airlines follow 45-linear-inch restriction on carry-on luggage size. Make sure that the luggage you choose, follow the size restriction. You can also make your search a more fruitful activity by learning about the experiences of the other travelers using luggage by various manufacturers. The outcome, a nice sturdy set of luggage, of such an activity will justify the time and energy spent looking for it.
Although the quality and style of your luggage says a lot about you, considering your requirements is a must. Factors such as, how frequently you travel, the duration of your stay, the things you want to take with you and ultimately, your destination and your mode of transport to it, influence your choice of the lightweight luggage that you should buy.