If you are planning to travel by air, then learning about the best day to book flights can help you save a lot of money on the airfare. Read on…
If you keep taking domestic flights every now and then, or are planning to travel abroad then by learning about the best day to book a flight can save you a lot of money. There are also other ways to save money while making online reservations of flights. When these tips are combined, you can avail a good deal of discount and enjoy cheap airline tickets.
The bad news is there is nothing like what is the best day for booking flights. Because, depending upon the situation, which is how far away the departure time of the flight is, you need to figure out the best day when you need to book a flight. Here are various tips and tricks that will help you figure out the right time and day, when booking flights online.
Best Day & Time to Book Flights
- The first thing you need to understand is that 21 days before the date of the flight, is the best day to buy airline tickets. This is so because, after 21 days the flight ticket prices might increase, and you might not be able to find the same fare you had seen online just a day or two before. Hence, always remember and use this tip. Prices of the flight can be found highest 14 days before the date of the flight, hence take care not to book anywhere near 14 days before the flight date.
- The best day to book a flight is actually Tuesday or Wednesday. This is so because, during weekends which are Saturday and Sunday, people will be traveling the most, and booking the flight tickets the most, due to the free weekend time. So, take care that you book your flight on Tuesday or Wednesday, and never on the weekend.
- The third thing is to figure out what is the best time to buy airline tickets. Start your research to figure out the right time of the day to book a flight, 22-23 days before the flight date you have in mind. In 24 hours time, visit the individual airline sites and travel sites 3-4 times a day. Sometimes, it happens that the flight airfare you saw online at 5 AM might not be the same you might get to see at 5 pm. So, keep checking the sites various times in a day.
- According to the different travel sites the best day for booking flights online vary. For example, the best air travel day according to the Travelocity is Wednesday, which might not be the best day to book flight tickets on Southwest. So, keep bookmarks of the most popular air booking sites and individual airline sites.
- Other tips can also help you to avail further discount on your airfare. For example, always book a return trip, as this will give you further discount.
- If you are traveling to a holiday destination, then travel during the off-season and you will get even more discount.
- On travel sites if you book, hotel + flight or flight + car, or all three together then you get even further discount.
- If you are a student or in the defense service, then go to individual airline sites. As certain airlines give discount to such people.
- If you are not booking tickets online, then sometimes booking a flight ticket, just before few hours of departure of the flight can also get you dirt cheap flight. However, this is a little risky thing, as there is always a possibility that the air fare might remain the same, you had checked last time.
- One more way to save money on air tickets is to start collecting miles. If you are frequent traveler then you can keep collecting miles and cash them later on, to get discount or free flight tickets. Make sure you check about the details on miles to the individual air travel company.
- Also, avoid booking on the general payday and 2-3 days near the payday. Because, booking are frequently done during these days. So, book a week later of paydays.
This was all about the best day and time to book flights. So, remember the above tips and use them to book flight tickets online, and enjoy discounted flight tickets!