It is summer! Your kids have a summer break, so have you started planning your vacation yet? And if you have, you would want to check the vacation planning checklist below, not to have left out on anything, and to make your vacation a memorable one.
Break the monotony of your lifestyle. Take a break from that busy schedule and work pressures. Spend some time with your loved ones. Plan a cruise vacation or simply fly to a beautiful yet adventurous destination, and enjoy the experience. When you are planning a vacation, there are a lot of things you need to incorporate to make you trip a memorable one. You don’t want to forget your camera, fall short of money, or miss out on your favorite dress, that you just forgot to pack in excitement.
A well planned and well-organized vacation will only enhance your vacation experience, and make it the most memorable ever. But one will agree, it is not easy to plan that prefect trip, since you tend to miss out on something, out of sheer excitement. But this article on Vacayholics will help you out to plan things in an organized way. Download a printable vacation planning checklist, that is the same as the one given below.
#1 Dates and Documents
The part of planning and booking in advance, the dates and getting ready with the documents, is not given as much importance as it should be. If you are planning a road trip, it is important you carry all the car documents. The checklist below you will help you with the same.
- Visa (if required)
- Hotel booking receipts or a confirmation e-mail print out
- Debit / credit cards
- Pre-paid phone cards
- Flight tickets
- Driving license
- Medical insurance documents
- Car registration documents
- Tickets purchased for any show or event at the destination
Imagine you have forgotten to pack your favorite evening gown, that you needed at the vacation, and was just delivered from the laundry. You don’t want that to happen, do you? Therefore carrying the correct clothes is important. Here is a checklist that will make your work easy as regards to the clothes that you have to carry.
- Extra pairs of undergarments
- Tuxedo or Blazer Suit
- Night suits
- Loose fitted shirts
- Make up kit
- Evening gowns
- Tracksuits (if you plan to trek)
- Tank tops
- Loose fitted tops
- Night suits
It is pretty normal that one tends to forget things in excitement of the trip. If you want to enjoy your trip, and make it a memorable one, you don’t want to go wrong or miss out on anything. This travel planning checklist consists of accessories you must carry. Find all about it in the checklist below.
- Eye gears
- Sun soothing gel
- Caps or hats
- Paper napkins
- Phone chargers
- Extra batteries (in case the camera is battery run) or camera charger
- Common medicines box
- Vacation destination map
- Hand sanitizer
- Fresh wipes
#4 Other Important Things
There are few other important things you tend to miss, like footwear, or researching about your vacation destination well in advance. Take a look at the checklist below and ensure you have all of it,.
- Flip flops
- Sports shoes
- GPS Tracker
- Exchange rates of the particular destination
- Snacks and cold drinks
- Photocopies of important documents in all different bags
- Indoor games
- Beach kit if you have kids along
- Swimming suits
Vacation Planning Tips
- Make sure you do a complete research about the vacation destination you are planning to go to.
- Learn about the destination, its attractions, beaches, forests (if a forest area), other local sports and activities.
- Make sure you learn about their laws and abide by them. You do not want to get into any kind of legal hassles when on a vacation.
- In case it is a road trip, see that you check the fuel and other parts of the car, so that there is no sudden breakdown.
- Check the flight timings if you’re flying to your vacation destination, and confirm them too.
- If you are hiring a car at the vacation spot, ensure that it is confirmed, since you don’t want to keep waiting at the airport.
Most importantly, do not forget to carry your sense of humor along, and leave behind the worries and work tensions. You are sure to have a fantastic time now since everything is organized well ENJOY!!!